- To learn to read is to light a fire; every syllable that is spelled out is a spark. ― Victor Hugo
For many years now we have had a fascination with the growth of the internet and the underlying and exponential surge in available information at one’s fingertips. While a trip to the library is still as exciting as it was as a child, the ability today to immerse oneself immediately and at almost any time into the deep sea of knowledge that is the World Wide Web, is breathtaking.
Piracy and commercial interests aside, to be able to listen, read and watch almost anything on demand in ubiquitous internet society is an experience unique to our generation and one which demands understanding.
The wiki is a private exploration which you are of course welcome to explore with us. We are happy to include your comments and suggestions over time but owing to previous grief with wiki spamming open access to the wiki will be guarded for some time - sorry but that seems the way of social networking at this time.
From humankind’s earliest days we have craved information to quench our innate curiosity and this wiki site is simply one person’s attempt to understand that drive.
The site will likely traverse diverse fields of understanding including:
- The Origins of Knowledge
- Data, Information, Knowledge and Wisdom
- Ubiquitous Knowledge
- Economic Thought
- Society and Culture
- Knowing what is not Known
- What is Knowledge? Philosophy or ‘Taking the Piss’ out of Epistemology (apologies to Stephen Fry)
- Knowledge Management
- Information Technology
- The Image
- Terrorism and War
- The material on this page is © copyright 2006 to Dajuroka® Industries or is the copyright of the referenced or cited author and should not be assumed to be in the public domain. Information may be linked to from other sites but not reproduced in either book or web page without express permission of Dajuroka® Industries or the cited author. Please notify the Webmaster of any inactive or inappropriate links as well as incorrectly referenced information from other sources. Send mail to Webmaster at dajuroka.com with questions or comments about this web site. Should you be the author and wish to have the material removed or changed please contact the Webmaster. Copyright © 2000 Dajuroka® Industries; BN17215160