Knowledge and Safety
- To learn to read is to light a fire; every syllable that is spelled out is a spark. ― Victor Hugo
- "Patient safety is a relentless task."
- "Never say those things happen."
- "We hurt more people just by being in hospital than some of the superspecialties."
- "You can't lead by e-mail."
NASA Aviation Safety Reporting System.
- "In case an engine fails we would still like to be able to fly. An aircraft engine is much more reliable than medicine."
- "Components fail but outcomes seem to still be okay in aviation ." Redundancy.
- " Everybody needs to know"
- "If it looks unsafe then it is unsafe."
Designing high reliability organisations.
- "Once you loose trust its gone!"
- "If you are unconscious (IE not looking ahead) then every event is exciting."
- "People do not come to work to hurt someone or make a mistake."
- Update 28 January 2016: See also Previous Book Ads
- The material on this page is © copyright 2006 to Dajuroka® Industries or is the copyright of the referenced or cited author and should not be assumed to be in the public domain. Information may be linked to from other sites but not reproduced in either book or web page without express permission of Dajuroka® Industries or the cited author. The material is constantly changing so links may disappear without warning. Please notify the Webmaster of any inactive or inappropriate links as well as incorrectly referenced information from other sources. Send mail to Webmaster at dajuroka.com with questions or comments about this web site. Should you be the author or copyright holder and wish to have the material removed or changed please contact the Webmaster. Copyright © 2000 Dajuroka® Industries; BN17215160